Saturday, December 22, 2012

Time to start brewing!

So I have done three or four partial grain brews now and this last one is baffling me.  The yeast didn't activate. I rechecked the OG it was the same as pre-pitch so I added some California Ale Yeast 0001.  We shall see when I get home if we have fermentation commencing. I hope so.  The second racking If all goes well with this one will add the sweet flavors and aroma of a pound of honey.   Hoping for 8-9% ABV on this Imperial Blonde Ale.  Pictures to come.

1 comment:

  1. Update: Went back and checked the first rack. Houston... We have fermentation!! Two Days in and it is still going strong at last check. Second rack will be on the 6th when we have some folks over for an open brew party in the garage. I was thinking that I would do a Whiskey Stout, but I just don't like it enough to make 5 gallons of the stuff. I think, rather, I will make a Smoked Porter or another Dunkle. I may also start my first batch of Wine. A Chilean Chardonay. Who knows, but it's going to be a fun time.

    ReplyDelete